Prof. Esther Rodriguez-Villegas, PhD, CEng, FREng
- Inventor of the AcuPebble technology. Acurable’s co-CEO / CSO.
- In addition, Esther is a Full Professor (Chair of Low Power Electronics) and the Founder and Director of the Wearable Technologies Lab at Imperial College London.
- Recipient of many international awards, including an IET Innovation award, an XPrize award and a Royal Academy of Engineering Silver medal. Her contributions to engineering have also been recognised by being elected a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering (FREng).
- 15+ years conceiving, raising funds and leading successful multi-million R&D medical devices projects.
- Recognised as top Spanish scientist under 36 in 2009.
- Originally from Spain, Esther holds a MSci and a PhD in Physics from the University of Seville.
- Acurable’s co-CEO / COO, leading the company strategy, finance, operations and commercial activities.
- With 15 years building successful technology start-ups across Europe and Asia, Emilio brings the business knowledge to commercialise highly innovative technologies and to scale start-up operations.
- Originally from Spain, Emilio holds a MSci in Electrical Engineering from Telecom ParisTech, a MSci in Computer Science from the Polytechnic University of Madrid and an MBA from London Business School.