AcuPebble SA100 automated sleep apnea test was validated in a powered clinical trial at the NHS Royal Free London hospital.
- Validated sleep study result equivalent to ambulatory gold-standard (multi-channel polygraphy followed by manual specialist interpretation).
- Validated result based on AHI and ODI for both 3% and 4% desaturation criteria with high accuracy (94% PPV, 98% NPV).
- Proven usability of the device, with 100% of the patients in the trial able to complete the test without training.
All aspects of AcuPebble SA100 have been designed with the patient in mind:
- Easy to use, as simple as peeling off an adhesive and putting it on.
- Non-invasive, allows patients to have a more natural sleep at home.
- No training required, avoids unnecessary trips to the clinic.
More about patient benefitsPatient benefits
How does it work?
- The AcuPebble SA100 sensor is attached at the base of the neck to record the sounds generated by the patient’s respiratory and cardiac functions.
- The signals are transferred wirelessly to a mobile device, and then uploaded to a secure cloud platform.
- Sophisticated signal processing algorithms are applied to the signals to automatically extract the parameters used for sleep apnea detection.
- Healthcare professionals get an automatically generated full sleep study report within minutes, accessible via a user-friendly web application.
Detailed sleep report
Overall test result and severity
AHI obtained from flow reductions and 3% desaturation (as per current AASM criteria)
AHI obtained from flow reductions and 4% desaturation
ODI using 3% desaturation
ODI using 4% desaturation
All parameters obtained using estimation of sleep time
Classification of apnea events
Cardiac feature analysis