We are looking for a talented software engineer with strong analytical problem-solving skills and experience building modern SaaS systems. The successful candidate will be based in Spain (preferably Granada, Málaga or Seville) and will report to the Head of Platform.
What you will do
- You will help design and implement a distributed, event-driven, scalable data platform infrastructure to manage our IoT ecosystem.
- You will help us identify and leverage the best available development tools and cloud services (eg: Amazon AWS or Google Appengine) to find the best solution to each technical challenge.
- You will develop high-quality software using Java, Python and C/C++ (and maybe other programming languages such as Scala or Clojure) focusing on simplicity, elegance and economy.
- You will be expected to apply your Unix systems and server tech kung-fu skills to automate everything that can be automated.
What you should bring to Acurable
- 5+ years experience designing, building and maintaining secure, scalable and high-performance SaaS systems.
- Experience developing modern, responsive web/mobile applications and experience with their correspondent development tools ecosystem.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- [Optional] Experience in Agile development, XP practices and 12-factor applications.
Why you should apply
- We provide a fun and entrepreneurial work environment within an exciting high-growth business, where you will use your skills to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people.
- You will be joining an experienced and extremely talented team, who will help you grow professionally by providing valuable mentoring and development opportunities.
- We offer a very competitive remuneration package, flexible hours, option to work from exciting London for a few weeks every year, generous holiday allowance, regular social events… and many other perks we continue adding as the company grows.
- We put time and care into finding passionate, committed people, who look out for each other and are prepared to go the extra mile to help Acurable achieve our mission. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Location: Based anywhere in Spain (preferably Granada, Málaga or Seville) and can work remotely.
- Team: Join a team of 3 software developers and report to Head of Platform.
- Compensation: Competitive salary based on skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Acurable is a fast-growing, venture backed MedTech start-up with offices in London and Seville. We create accurate and user-friendly wearable medical devices intended to be used by patients at home.
Our award-winning, patented technology enables for the first time the automated diagnosis and management of respiratory conditions. It is the product of more than 10 years’ research at Imperial College London by Acurable’s founder, Professor Esther Rodriguez Villegas, and has been recognised as a breakthrough in respiratory medicine, winning some of the most respected awards in the industry, among them XPrize and several Innovate UK grants.
Our first product, AcuPebble SA100, is the first medical device in the world to obtain the CE mark for the automated diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnoea at home. Meanwhile we continue our research to develop new products that will fundamentally improve the lives of millions of people suffering from serious chronic conditions such as COPD, Asthma and Epilepsy.
We’re a small but fast-growing team with big ambitions. To achieve them, we’re building a team of exceptional people who are inspired by our vision, share our values, and who have the attitude and skills required to help Acurable succeed. In return, we provide a fun and entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting business where you can make a huge difference to the life of millions of people worldwide.