In this role you will be required to interact regularly with people interested in using Acurable’s products, who may be clinicians, healthcare providers, clinical researchers, etc. You will gain in-depth clinical and product knowledge, and learn from experts to understand different clinical needs and develop strategies to reach new markets and sectors. Critical thinking will be essential as you will need to find solutions to new, varied and complex problems to help the company scale. You will play a key role in converting interest into customers and customers into ambassadors by providing expert support and showing a deep understanding of their needs. In parallel you will be helping to develop, implement and improve the logistical aspects of deploying a product with customers and supporting them in their use of Acurable’s medical devices.
In addition to the customer-facing parts of the role (80%), you will also work on managing clinical and cost-effectiveness studies (20%), helping to ensure all the studies Acurable is involved with run smoothly.
What you will do
- Develop a strong technical understanding of our products and research and a deep clinical understanding of the medical conditions we work to address.
- Implement the logistical and support aspects of deploying a product with customers and sometimes patients (eg. internal approvals, shipping of devices, training, customer support).
- Help implement the logistical aspects of deploying a product with customers (eg. internal approvals, shipping of devices, training).
- Manage customer accounts to ensure we are adding value and they are able to get everything they need out of our products.
- Help organise and run clinical and cost-effectiveness studies, including liaising with study sites, taking care of any logistics and troubleshooting needed, and producing the documentation required by GCP and ISO 14155 (if you are not familiar with this already you will be trained and become an expert).
What you should bring to Acurable
- A background in a biomedical or medical field. This could be a degree in bioengineering or life sciences or clinical experience in a healthcare provider (eg: the NHS). Note this is a graduate/junior role and you will be learning a lot on the job.
- Excellent writing communication skills, including strong listening skills, patience and empathy when dealing with other people.
- Organisation, attention to detail and good planning skills.
Why you should apply
- We provide a fun and entrepreneurial work environment within an exciting high-growth business, where you will use your skills to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people.
- You will be joining an experienced and extremely talented team, who will help you grow professionally by providing valuable mentoring and development opportunities.
- We offer a very competitive remuneration package, flexible hours, option to work from sunny Seville for a few weeks every year, generous holiday allowance, regular social events, UK visa sponsorship… and many other perks we continue adding as the company grows.
- We put time and care into finding passionate, committed people, who look out for each other and are prepared to go the extra mile to help Acurable achieve our mission. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Location: You’ll be based at the company headquarters in London.
- Compensation: Competitive salary based on skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Acurable is a fast-growing, venture backed MedTech start-up with offices in London and Seville. We create accurate and user-friendly wearable medical devices intended to be used by patients at home.
Our award-winning, patented technology enables for the first time the automated diagnosis and management of respiratory conditions. It is the product of more than 10 years’ research at Imperial College London by Acurable’s founder, Professor Esther Rodriguez Villegas, and has been recognised as a breakthrough in respiratory medicine, winning some of the most respected awards in the industry, among them an XPrize and several Innovate UK grants. It has also featured in national and international media, including earlier this year in the BBC Horizon documentary How to Sleep Well with Michael Mosley.
In 2020 our first product, AcuPebble SA100, became the first medical device in the world to obtain the CE mark for the automated diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnoea at home, and a few months later the product gained FDA clearance for home sleep apnoea testing in the US. AcuPebble SA100 is now in use within healthcare organisations across the UK and Europe, and will be launching in the USA in the coming months. At the same time we continue our research to develop new products that will fundamentally improve the lives of millions of people suffering from serious chronic conditions such as COPD, Asthma and Epilepsy.
We’re a small but fast-growing company with big ambitions. To achieve them, we’re building a team of exceptional people who are inspired by our vision, share our values, and who have the attitude and skills required to help Acurable succeed. In return, we provide a fun, challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a huge difference to the lives of millions of people worldwide.